Saturday, August 1, 2009

THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT SATURDAY

Saturday morning…….it’s incredible how much promise two simple words can contain, and how a good night’s sleep can heal a person of a bad attitude.

It is August 1st and unseasonably cool here in North Central Indiana. It is supposed to rain, but not until later this afternoon. As I sit at my computer, a fragrant breeze drifts in from an open window, as well as the enchanting sounds of children playing on the trampoline.

My 16-year-old has apparently decided to climb to the uppermost branches of a Maple tree rising above the trampoline, much to the consternation of 4-year-old friend Nadia. I was touched at Nadia’s concern for Nelleigh’s well being, thinking she was simply afraid that Nelleigh would fall; however, when doe-eyed little Nadia came inside and voiced her worries to me, it became clear that she was particularly worried that Nelleigh would fall on her! I had to hold back my laughter as I reassured Nadia that Nelleigh was an expert tree climber and would not be coming down until she was ready.

Well, it sounds like the whole gang is coming inside in search of chocolate. I better go see what I can come up with…

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Sounds just like Nadia.

    On a separate note, I can't figure out how to make my blog persona show up as a follower on this your new blog. It shows I'm a follower of your other one, but everytime I've tried to sign up to this new one, it thinks I'm Matt...even when he's not been signed in! But I am following, even if you can't see me. ;)

    Thanks again for this morning. I'm glad we both seem to benefit so much from your time with them!

    ReplyDelete